Lynsted Park near Faversham, Kent, offers an exceptional, private location for weddings and receptions. With only a limited number of days available for events, it’s a hidden gem of a place to get hitched. The wonderful grounds also make the perfect venue for other special events like birthdays, anniversaries and renewing vows.
Exclusive use of either the Sunken Garden or the South Room for your Ceremony followed by use of Lynsted Park’s grounds to place your marquee for a Reception. Approximate prices for a Marquee from our trusted provider (though yo may use others) are given further down the page. We would be delighted to share our ideas on everything you might like to add to your Ceremony and to the Marquee, from chair hire to chandeliers, food to flowers, linens to lux loos, right down to to exquisite accessories; please do take a look at our ‘preferred suppliers and ideas’.
* The Ceremony Venue Hire prices are fixed – £450 indoors (max 60) and £650 outdoors (max 200)
* The Reception Venue Hire (for Marquee/Tent placement) following a ceremony is done ‘per
head: £18 (2022), £19 (2023) NO BOOKINGS BEING TAKEN BEYOND 7th JUNE 2023
What’s included in any Venue Hire:
* A member of the Lynsted Park team will be on-call for the duration of your event
* The Peacock Room and bathroom in the house to get ready in on the day (option to for accommodation too)
* Our helpful team of grounds staff manage traffic, parking and signage – security staff are provided in the evening
* Bar Staff will provide all glassware, set up chillers, fridges and the bar, serve and manage drinks – see Bar for more details
* Exclusive use on the day and you are most welcome to come and set up/decorate in the days leading up to your event
* Electricity and Water (where an above average amount of power is needed a generator may have to be hired)
* Help and support in the run up to your wedding including liaising with suppliers and organising deliveries/clean up
* All prices include VAT, where applicable
Reception Marquee/Tipi Hire (Outside supplier):
We don’t own a marquee or tipi so this must ordered from an outside supplier.
You can choose any reputable company to supply your marquee but as a guide, the basic cost of a white Reception Marquee from our local provider, Best-in-Tents, with lining, flooring and lighting, is approx. £1,100 for 50 guests; £1,500 for 100 guests; £2,800 for 150 guests; £3,300 for 200 guests (But please contact them for up to date pricing). For much more, see our Preferred Suppliers page.
To the basic marquee you then add all the details you would like … dance floor, tables, linens, chairs, disco balls, flowers, Djs, live bands, caterers, lux loos, photo booths, photographers, cake etc. You pick what suits you best in terms of what you dreamt of having and what you feel comfortable spending, whilst we recommend people, there is no obligation to use them. Only the drinks packages are done directly through us.
Things to note:
The cost of hiring your Reception marquee, yurt or tent is not included in the Lynsted Park pricing but you have the freedom to choose exactly what you’d like, health and safety allowing, and we are more than happy to advise and offer help.
Most weddings at Lynsted Park take place May – October, at weekends and there is no extra charge for different times of the day, week or year.
Our licence runs until 11.30pm and guests need to have left by 12.00 – though licence extensions may be arranged.
You are most welcome to use Lynsted Park’s grounds just for your Reception. Costs for the Marquee placement in the parkland do not include the marquee itself. You then arrange, and we are delighted to help you, a marquee, yurt or tent of your choice up to a maximum of 200 guests; there are lots of ideas on our ‘preferred suppliers and ideas’. We run the Bar – see Bar for more details and drinks packages – but you are free to make everything else your own. Most of the ‘What’s included’, above, is valid for Reception Only too and the guide costs for the Best- in- Tents Marquee above, may also be of interest.
Priced per head: £18 (2022), £19 (2023) NO BOOKINGS BEING TAKEN BEYOND 7th JUNE 2023
We are delighted for you to host a whole range of other events like brunches, tea parties, lunches or dinners. Clearly every occasion is different and it’s always best to talk it through before we price it.
Our venue is a blank canvas to which you carefully add the things you would both like. We would be delighted to share our ideas on everything from chair hire to chandeliers, food to flowers, linens to lux loos, right down to to exquisite accessories. Why not start by having a look at our ‘preferred suppliers and ideas’.